Posted By PlacePlay on November 1, 2012
One of the most frequent questions we receive from iOS & Android app developers is: “How much revenue can I make from mobile advertising?” Unfortunately, this is a virtually impossible question to answer given the number of variables that determine eCPM.
In order to help app developers obtain a high level of understanding on what their revenue opportunity is with mobile advertising, we are providing a very simple calculator to help app developers estimate their revenue. The mobile advertising calculator is available below, or here.
Some notes on the mobile advertising calculator:
- We have included options for both banner and interstitial advertising. Banner advertising is the default – simply select “Show Default Interstitial Ad Results” for interstitials
- Average “Daily User Sessions” is available from your analytics service like Flurry or Apsalar – this is the single biggest driver, NOT app downloads
- Average minutes per session is also available from your analytics provider – and helps to determine approximately how many mobile advertising impressions your iOS or Android app will show
- Ad impressions per minute defaults to the known best practice – this is what you should be doing in your app(s)
- Fill rate is an estimate, please enter your actual fill rate from the mobile ad networks you utilize
- eCPM is again an estimate, we recommend estimating this between $.50 – $2.00 to get a good estimate
If you have any questions about the calculator or feedback, please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope this helps!